Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We will collect your personal information, including but are not limited to your name, email address, telephone number, and other relevant information you have provided through the curriculum vitae (“CV”) you have uploaded directly on our website or through an application you have made through a third party job board.
We may further obtain personal information about you during the course of your relationship with us. We may obtain it from you directly through your activities on our website (e.g. filling out forms, sending enquiries, answering surveys, communicating with us via email, etc.) or from third parties like organisations whom you have engaged with as part of a job application and whom we have contacted for reference or confirmation of your previous employment/experience.
You can also visit our website without revealing any personal information about yourself, including your email address. In this case, our website may collect other relevant information in connection to your access and use of our website, including name, IP address and domain you used to access our website, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, as well as the site you visited before and after you have access our website.
Aside from the means mentioned above, we may also collect information using cookies on our website. Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your Interne browser on the hard drive of your computer. They allow us to recognise you when you access our site. Some information we can glean with the help of cookies include the number of visits on our site, page views, average time spent on a page, and other statistics related to your use of our website. By knowing such information, we can improve your online experience when using our website and enable us to serve targeted advertising to you.
Usage and Disclosure of the Personal Information We Collect
We only use and disclose the personal information we collect for legitimate business purposes. These include the following: answer your questions; provide you with services you have requested; enable you to submit your CV for job applications and subscribe to our job alerts; match your details with job vacancies and assist us in finding a position that is suited to your qualifications and skills; give insights to the developers of our website that may be useful in determining new features, content, and services that can be added to our website; provide aggregated information about our customers to advertisers; inform you of new job opportunities and relevant services provided by us or our business partners; fulfil our contractual obligations to our clients; and give you personalised content.
When you provide personal information to us, we may communicate and disclose it to third parties like our subsidiaries, clients, professional advisors, IT consultants, function coordinators, data analytics providers, research and mailing houses, regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and new business owners for the following purposes: deliver you our recruitment services; employment reference and qualification checking; for business development; for the development and testing of our systems; for the improvement of our customer service and to provide you with more valuable services; enhance our website and make it more relevant to you.
We may also disclose and communicate your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
How Long We Keep the Personal Information We Collect
We will hold or store your personal information for as long as necessary. Since we support the recruitment and placement of candidates for months, years, or even throughout their careers, we may hold on to candidate data in an ongoing purpose. We regularly conduct data cleansing and updating exercises to make sure that the information we have is accurate and relevant.
As per our standards, our clients should only retain candidate data (e.g. CVs) to meet the purposes that are relevant to the specific role you are applying for. They should let you know if they plan to keep your CV on file so as to notify you of potential future roles or if they have other purposes in mind.
Your Rights to the Personal Information We Hold About You
You have certain rights to the personal information we hold about you. These include right of access, right of correction or completion, right of erasure. In relation to the aforesaid rights, you may update, edit, or delete the personal information you have provided to us at any time by going to your user account and changing or deleting your personal information as desired.
You also have the right to object or restrict processing of your personal information, especially if you believe that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which may override your rights and interests. As part of this right, if you decide at any time that you no longer want to receive any updates regarding our new offers or any direct marketing information from us, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your preference not to receive updates.
You also have the right of data portability. That means you have the right to receive the personal information we hold about you in a machine-readable format. To exercise this right, contact us at 0203 151 2575 or email@example.com and request for your personal information.
Note that the above rights are subject to limitations and expectations. If we are unable to comply with any request in relation to the execution of your rights, we will provide reasons for our non-compliance.
Security and Protection of Your Personal Information
• The CVs submitted to us are accessible to our recruitment consultants who are responsible for seeking job opportunities on candidates’ behalf and connecting with hiring companies.
• We do not permit our recruitment consultants to disclose information outside of our organisation or beyond the hiring companies we work with.
• Our recruitment consultants must enter into an agreement with a hiring company to use CVs and the information they contain for the purpose of filling jobs within that company. Such information is not to be disclosed outside of the hiring company.
• Whilst we only deal with reputable companies, we cannot guarantee that all hiring companies will conform to the limitations we have set forth. Should you want to have your CV removed from our website, you may do so by deleting it on your profile or by requesting it to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You may find that some job posts available on our website will direct you to a different page where you can apply and upload your CV. In some cases, you are still within our website. However, there may also be cases that you are directly uploading your CV on the employer’s website, which we have no control of. In this regard, we ask you to carefully review the privacy practices of the employer.
• The CV you upload on our website may be converted into different formats, but these are for our use only. These conversions are handled externally by a datacentre server stack. Upon completion of the conversion, your CV is then deleted from the service. Rest assured that we keep your information secure. We have safety measured in place (physical, electronic, and managerial) to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure of your information.
• We may disclose your information to protect our legal rights or to protect the physical safety of any person. We will do such disclosure when required by law or if we receive legal process. In case these servers are breached, we cannot be held liable.
Clicking on some links on our website may direct you to third party websites, which include those of our business partners, clients (hiring companies), vendors, and advertisers. Please take note that we are not responsible for and have no control over the content and privacy practices of those websites. You should consult their privacy policies before fully accessing their websites.
Whether you are a job seeker looking to secure your first job or an employer seeking for new talents for your entry-level positions, Julie Ann Consulting can provide the assistance you need to achieve your objective. Learn more about us and our service by clicking on the button that corresponds to you.